Renew your Machine Readable Passport
You may apply online for renewal of your machine readable passport if it has been expired.
The applicant may be required to visit the nearest passport office if the authorities require to conduct applicant’s interview . The applicant must select the nearest passport office while filling in the application.
Applying for Renewal
Refer to the following slideshow to view the steps for Renewal of your machine readable passport online:
Once you have registered and prepared with you the photograph and supporting documents, you are ready to apply online for renewal of your machine readable passport.
- Create an application for renewal and provide details of your application.
- Provide your address for machine readable passport delivery.
- Pay Fee through a Credit Card/Debit Card.
- Provide your present and permanent addresses.
- Upload your photograph.
- Upload the supporting documents required by the application.
- Download the form, capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system. Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form.
- Review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application.
How long will the Online Application Process take?
The following table shows the approximate time taken to complete an online application, assuming that you fulfill all the prerequisites.
Estimated Completion Time
|1.||Register user||2 min|
|2.||Select application category||1 min|
|3.||Give passport delivery details||1 min|
|4.||Pay fee||2 min|
|5.||Provide personal information||1 min|
|6.||Provide Address details||2 min|
|7.||Upload photograph||1 min|
|8.||Upload supporting documents||1 min|
|9.||Print, scan and upload fingerprint form||5 min|
|10.||Review and Submit application||0.5 min|
Total estimated time