Capturing your Fingerprints on the Fingerprint Form
As part of your online application, you are required to download the form, print it and then capture the fingerprints requested by the system. The fingerprint submission must meet specific criteria for processing by DGI&P. The short video below explains how to capture fingerprints that are accepted by the e-Services Portal.
Filling the Form
- Ensure all information is written in clear BLOCK letters using black ink.
- Enter data within the boundaries of the designated field or block.
- Complete all required fields. (If a required field is left blank, the fingerprint form may be immediately rejected without further processing.)
- The form must be scanned at 600 dpi, JPEG and in Grayscale.
How to Record your Fingerprint on the Form
- Do not Roll the finger for taking fingerprints
- Do not use Highlighters on the form
- Ensure that the fingerprints are not smudged
- Ensure notations are made for any missing fingerprint impression (i.e. amputation)
- Ensure there are no stray marks within the fingerprint impression blocks
TIP: Remove the excess ink on the fingers by first placing your finger on a rough paper before recording your impression on the fingerprint form.
Please upload your fingerprints form after following the guidelines as below
- Use black stamp pad
- Remove excessive ink from fingers
- Take finger / thumb impressions in such a way that lines / pattern should be clearly reflected
- Avoid overwriting
- Scan finger prints form in JPG / JPEG format with 600 DPI quality
- File size must not be greater than 3MB and ideal size is between 2-2.5MB
Do’s and Don’ts
- A quick reference guide on fingerprint capture is available in PDF format also.
- A quick reference guide on how to attach documents to an application is available in PDF format also.